Position Title: Assistant Director of Care Integration
Position Type: Full-time salaried, exempt position with benefits
Reports to: Sr. Director-Center for Women & Children
Helping Up Mission, Inc. is a faith-based, non-denominational, Christian organization offering permanent solutions to those experiencing homelessness, poverty, and addiction. Helping Up Mission, Inc. (HUM) provides hope through programs designed to meet their individual physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs. Compassionate and substantial residential care is given to almost 500 men and up to 250 women and children in need, without consideration of race, economic, or religious status, at its campus in East Baltimore. HUM provides competitive pay and benefits.
The Assistant Director (AD) of Care Integration’s role is to strengthen the vision, focus, and operating policies of care integration at Helping Up Mission (HUM) Center for Women and Children. This role acts as a liaison with on-site provider partners, including Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) primary care and Johns Hopkins University Cornerstone Clinic (mental health and SUD counseling) along with HUM’s partnership with the Johns Hopkins Bayview Center for Addiction and Pregnancy (CAP). The AD of Care Integration acts as a primary liaison with mental health, primary care, and substance use disorder counseling partners embedded at HUM.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises Treatment Coordinators who provide peer recovery support for women in the Spiritual Recovery Program and collaborates with the Maternal Program Manager in the CAP program and their infants/toddlers
- Participate as one of the key members of the Program Leadership Team to facilitate a unified and integrated direction for the program components of HUM’s recovery program
- Supervises recovery program treatment policies and procedures and collaborates with the Intake Manager regarding Next Step, VA, and 911 Broadway support programs
- Coordinate and facilitate monthly health education and recovery-focused training for HUM staff to improve knowledge and expertise
- Provide oversight for self-administration of prescribed medications by clients in the Program Office secure medication area
- Participate in monthly HUM Clinical Management Committee
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Exhibit the Core Values of Helping Up Mission
- Knowledge of the 12 Steps and experience with substance use disorder recovery programs
- Strong personal faith testimony and ability to inspire others on their faith journey
- Current Maryland licensure as either a Registered Nurse or social worker
- Knowledge of case management principles and peer recovery support
- Demonstrate and practice HUM Core Values
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds in a fair, supportive, and cooperative manner
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
The position offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package. Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Pamela Wilkerson.