Part-time Program Assistant-Women’s Center – Helping Up Mission
Helping Up Mission, Inc. is a faith-based, non-denominational, Christian organization offering permanent solutions to those experiencing homelessness, poverty and addiction. Helping Up Mission, Inc. provides hope through programs designed to meet their individual physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs. Compassionate and substantial residential care is given to almost 550 people in need, without consideration of race, economic or religious status at its campus in East Baltimore and Chase Street. The part-time Program Assistant-Women’s Center will be required to support program operations, instructing and monitoring female clients on policies and procedures, educating the client on the various programs & resources available to them by Helping Up Mission, leading by example as a role model, and exemplifying the core values of the Helping Up Mission.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Monitoring the client’s movements during residency at the Helping Up Mission Chase St. Facility.
· Instruct and monitor clients on all policies & procedures for residents.
· Educate clients on the various programs & resources available to them.
· Advocate for the clients while in residency.
· Prepare daily reports for management.
· Maintain a daily program roster including room and bed assignment.
· Direct media personnel to approved staff (Kris Sharrar).
· Contact emergency personnel, as needed, for program residents.
· Perform other tasks as required by supervisor.
· Exhibit the Core Values of Helping Up Mission, Inc.
· Prior experience desired.
· Proficient in computer usage, particularly Microsoft products
· Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds in a fair, supportive and cooperative manner
· Excellent writing abilities, data collection, and analytic skills
· Strong analytic, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
· Addiction and recovery knowledge or applicable life experience
Competitive pay for part-time position evening, overnight and weekend shifts available. Potential candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com, attention Laura Starsoneck.