Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be a panhandler?
We interviewed 4 former panhandlers (HUM clients and graduates) about their old lives, covering 10 questions:
1. How’d you get into panhandling?
2. What surprised you about panhandling?
3. What did your typical day look like?
4. How much money did you make?
5. How did you spend the money?
6. How did people respond to you?
7. What was your most memorable conversation?
8. Is employment the answer?
9. When did you stop panhandling?
10. What’s your advice for someone who wants to help?
Two links for easy sharing:
The video playlist: helpum.org/panhandlerconfessions
A printable street resource card: helpum.org/streetcard